Who Are We?
We are library lovers and community volunteers who have fun donating our time to help Poudre River Public Library District.
What Do We Do?
We raise money for the libraries by selling used books at our four big book sales and at our Harmony Shop and our Old Town Library Nook all year long.
- To raise money to enhance and support the resources of the Poudre River Public Library District
- To provide volunteer opportunities in support of the Library
- To advocate for the Poudre River Public Library District
- To sponsor programs to promote use and enjoyment of the Library
- To encourage literacy within the community
How Do Friends of the Library Make a Difference?
We contribute more than $70,000 from book sale proceeds, fundraising, and memberships every year to our libraries to help fund programs and events, including:
- Summer Reading Program
- Visiting author series (with CSU Friends of the Library)
- Fort Collins Reads community book program
- History Comes Alive speakers
- Cultural awareness and celebrations
- Harmony Music in the Round concert series
- Books for book club kits
- National Poetry Month
- Kevin Cook nature programs
- Library/literary conference scholarships for library staff and teens
- AND MUCH MORE!